Graduate School Workshop for Women in Mechanical Engineering
Thursday, November 4, 1:00pm-6:00pm EST and
Friday, November 5, 1:00pm-6:00pm EST
Launched in 2020 by MIT’s Department of Mechanical Engineering, the second annual Futures in Mechanical Engineering encourages and supports women interested in pursuing a graduate degree in mechanical engineering. This two-day virtual workshop gives insights into the graduate school experience and helps build skills to assist in the application process.
About the Workshop:
While some aspects of the workshop will focus on MIT’s mechanical engineering graduate program in particular, our goal is to encourage more women to pursue advanced degrees in mechanical engineering across the board.
The following is a tentative agenda. This page will be updated with more details as they are available:
Thursday, November 4, 2021 1-6pm EST
- Welcome and introductions with our department head Evelyn Wang
- Graduate school in MechE at MIT – faculty panel
- Preparing an application that stands out
- Workshop to prepare and enhance your personal statement (part 1)
Friday, November 5, 2021 1-6pm EST
- Sharing your updated personal statement (part 2)
- Careers after graduate school – MIT MechE Alumni Panel
- Student life at MIT MechE – hosted by MEGAWomen (graduate women’s group)
- Get to know our faculty and research – faculty panel and small group breakout sessions
Who Can Apply?
Students or professionals interested in pursuing a graduate degree in mechanical engineering. Applicants should be pursuing an undergraduate degree in a relevant field from a college or university in the United States or have graduated with such a degree. Recordings of the workshop sessions will be available after the workshop for other students who are unable to attend and interested in this content.
How to Apply:
Submit an application by Monday, October 11th:
Applicants will be informed of their admission to the workshop by Friday, October 22nd. To be admitted to the program, applicants must commit to attending all sessions.
Application Deadline: Monday, October 11, 2021, 11:59pm EDT
Questions? Email email@example.com