FUTURES IN MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
Graduate School Workshop for Women in Mechanical Engineering
Thursday, November 12, 2:00pm-6:00pm EST and
Friday, November 13, 2:00pm-6:00pm EST
Launched in 2020 by MIT’s Department of Mechanical Engineering, Futures in Mechanical Engineering encourages and supports women interested in pursuing a graduate degree in mechanical engineering. This two-day virtual workshop gives students insights into the graduate school experience and helps build skills to assist in the application process.
About the Workshop:
While some aspects of the workshop will focus on MIT’s mechanical engineering graduate program in particular, our goal is to encourage more undergraduate women to pursue advanced degrees in mechanical engineering across the board.
The following is a tentative agenda. This page will be updated with more details as they are available:
Thursday, November 12, 2020 2-6pm EST
- Welcome and introductions with our department head Evelyn Wang
- Graduate school in MechE at MIT – faculty panel
- Preparing an application that stands out
- Workshop to prepare and enhance your personal statement (part 1)
Friday, November 13, 2020 2-6pm EST
- Sharing your updated personal statement (part 2)
- Student life at MIT MechE – hosted by MEGAWomen (graduate women’s group)
- Get to know our faculty and research – faculty panel and small group breakout sessions
- Careers after graduate school – MIT MechE Alumni Panel
Who Can Apply?
Undergraduate juniors and seniors who identify as women. Applicants should be pursuing an undergraduate degree in a relevant field from a college or university in the United States. Recordings of the workshop sessions will be available after the workshop for other students who are unable to attend and interested in this content.
Recordings of the workshop sessions will be available after the workshop for other students who are unable to attend and interested in this content.
How to Apply:
Submit an application by Friday, October 23 at the following link:
Applicants will be informed of their admission to the workshop by Friday, October 30th. To be admitted to the program, applicants must commit to attending all sessions.
Application Deadline: Friday, October 23, 2020, 11:59pm EDT
Questions? Email email@example.com